Purpose of Tongue twisters:
The purpose of tongue twisters is to improve relation of brain and tongue by practicing confused sounds with little similarities and dissimilarities. It improves accent and fluency of the students specifically who are reluctant to pronounce some words like social and characteristics.
Following is the list of words which can be used for practice:
- · Mixed biscuits, mixed biscuits, mixed biscuits
- · Red Lorry , yellow lorry, 5 times
- · Upper roller , lower roller 5 times
- · Red leather , yellow leather 5 times
- · Three grey geese in field grazing.
- · Sick’s sixth sheep is sick.
- · She sells sea shells on the sea shore.
- · I saw Susie sitting in a shoe shine shop.
- · Sheena leads, Sheila needs.
- · I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream.
- · I saw Sussie sitting in a shoeshine shop.
- · If a dog chews shoes, whose shoes does he chose.
- · Stupid superstition!
- · Seventy seven benevolent elephants.
- · Pirate’s private property.
- · The thirty three thieve thought they thrilled the throne throughout Thursday.
- · Can you can a can as a canner can can a can.
- · Peter picker picked a pack of pickled pepper.
- · Did peter piper pick a pack of pickled pepper?
- · If Peter piper picked a pack of pickled pepper.
- · Where’s the peck of pickled pepper peter piper picked.